(Assuming you want to)…
a charming fruit cobbler, made to impress that feller in your life.
Skillets: keeping husbands in line since the beginning of matrimony. 🍳
just kidding 😂😂😂
Instead of promoting violence toward your husband, I’m going to encourage baking him a skillet cobbler instead. I guarantee it will KEEP him around longer than a concussion.
Get it? How-to-KEEP-a-man Cobbler?! Why is this so amusing to me? hahahaha
On another less scientific note, I have never met a man that did not LOVE this cobbler. Like as in: devours his plate of dessert, then immediately calls your daddy & starts shopping engagement rings. 💍
Don’t believe me? Try it!
And because I feel like I have excluded the majority of our population- Women and children love this skillet cobbler too, obviously.
- 2.5 cups fruit, preference is peaches or blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare your fruit. If using peaches, wash, peel, and slice into uniform pieces. If using berries, simply rinse them well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add your prepared fruit and 1/2 cup of sugar. Give it a stir and allow it to sit on the counter for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- The fruit is ready for use once it forms its own syrup.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, gently stir together flour, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Do not overmix.
- Pour the the batter into an ungreased oven-safe skillet or 8×8" baking pan. I prefer to use a skillet, because I think it adds country charm to the dish. (Grab a 10% off code for Caraway Home below to purchase your own colorful cookware!)
- Spoon the fruit and syrup mixture over the batter in the skillet.
- Bake the cobbler for 45-60 minutes or until golden. The edges of the cobbler will start to pull from the edges of the pan when it's cooked through. Expect the center to stay soft.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Use this link to grab one of those pretty multi-purpose skillets from Caraway. By clicking the link, 10% off will automatically apply to your entire order. (and a small proceed will help support this blog!)
Pages contain affiliate links which are clearly marked. Stacey receives a small commission for purchases made with these links. They do not incur any extra cost to you, but simply help generate income to help keep this blog up and running. If a post is sponsored, it will be marked as such. I partner only with brands that I value and consider valuable to you. Find the rest of my disclosure here.