A refreshing sugar cookie pizza with patriotic berries, drizzled in white chocolate.
(Me reading a riddle:)
“If the blue house is on the right, and the red house is on the left, where is the White House?”
(Specifically imagines a colorful row of houses and where they are each located according to this statement. Still stumped…)
Then a ten year-old quickly answers, “in Washington, DC.”
(🤦🏼♀️🤦🏼♀️🤦🏼♀️Insert disgruntled cursing.)
Hi, I’m Stacey. I’m not a fan of riddles, but I am a fan of cookies AND red, white, & blue. (Flag day baby, after all). I can also guarantee the only house people are really searching for is the one serving THIS Flag-day Fruit Pizza. (Not those in that annoying riddle…)
((And HELLO to all my new friends stopping by today from the red + white + blue blog hop!))
There’s no better dessert for a hot summer day and the patriotic-themed fruit makes it a perfect display for holiday gatherings: think Memorial Day, Independence Day, and the lesser-known Flag Day. (It’s my dad’s personal favorite, so Father’s Day is a must over here!)
So grab your fork and riddle me at my “White House” for Flag-day Fruit Pizza.
Flag Day Fruit Pizza
- 2 rolls Sugar Cookie Dough Pillsbury
- 2 8oz pkg. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 lbs. Strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 pint Blueberries, washed
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Melting Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Gather your ingredients. Wash/slice the berrries and sit out to dry. Let the cream cheese soften at room temperature.
- Roll out the sugar cookie dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Size it to fit on a large 11×17" rimmed baking sheet. I bake directly on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the cookie is firm to the touch and starting to brown. Let cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar, adding sugar one cup at a time.
- Scrape the edges of the bowl and ensure mixed thoroughly.
- Spread the cream cheese icing on the cooled cookie crust.
- Decorate the cookie pizza with sliced fruit and berries. Get creative here with your design! (unlike me who just dumped the fruit on haha)
- In the microwave, melt white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container on 50% power setting. Stir frequently. Do not over-heat. Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the berries.
- Store in the refrigerator. Best served immediately. Good for up to 3 days (the crust starts to soften rather quickly.)
If you are in the market for new bakeware, check out the new Caraway line! Grab 10% off your complete order (cookware too!!), just by following this link: Caraway discount! I have the cream color, but Caraway has so many colorful options to choose from (including red and blue!). discount automatically applies at checkout.
Continue on the red + white + blue blog hop by checking out some of my friends’ patriotic shares:
- Brittany of @whiteandwoodgrain 30+ Red, White, & Blue Quilts: Vintage Americana Style
- Fabiana of @ciaofabiana Red, White, & Blue Summer Inspiration
- Heidi of @eleanorrosehome Classic All-American Summer Treat
- Jessica of @itty_bitty_farmhouse Sprinkle in American Color Entryway
- Stephanie of @returninggrace USA Made Patriotic Decor- Favorite Sources
- Rebecca of @rouseinthe_house Easy Americana Decorating Ideas for an All-American Summer
I’d love for you to leave a comment below! Let me know what you and your guests think of Flag-Day Fruit Pizza. And let’s all agree to just forgo riddle solving in the near future…
Feel free to save images for later on Pinterest, and follow me on Instagram, Tiktok, and Facebook.
Pages contain affiliate links which are clearly marked. Stacey receives a small commission for purchases made with these links. They do not incur any extra cost to you, but simply help generate income to help keep this blog up and running. If a post is sponsored, it will be marked as such. I partner only with brands that I value and consider valuable to you. Find the rest of my disclosure here.
Jackie Hussey says
Yum! I make this too, only I mix the cream cheese with marshmallow cream! It’s yummy, but I’ll have to try this way as well. 🙂
Oh, that sounds like a delicious twist! I’ll try it next time- we love Marshmallow cream.